Benefits of membership
The principal benefit of joining is the knowledge that your subscription will contribute to Bacsa’s work of recording and conserving cemeteries in India and elsewhere in South Asia.
In addition you will be able to:
* Receive our house journal, Chowkidar, published twice a year, containing a wide range of news, queries about ancestors, topics of interest and reviews of books about South Asia.
* Attend twice yearly meetings a year in London where you can meet like-minded members, hear reports on cemeteries and progress with their restoration, and enjoy talks by invited speakers, not just on cemeteries, but on a variety of topics relevant to anyone with an interest in South Asia.
* Join our excursions to places in Britain with South Asian connections.
* Purchase second-hand books relating to Asia, particularly the Indian subcontinent, from lists circulated to Bacsa members. The lists feature books on any and every aspect of Asian history, geography, biography, architecture, archaeology, flora and fauna, travel and current affairs. The main focus is on the subcontinent of India but any country from the Near East to the Far East is of potential interest. Lists of those available for purchase (at very affordable prices) are sent out half yearly to all Bacsa members, and this service is available only to Bacsa members. The funds raised help to pay for Bacsa’s cemetery restoration projects.
* Ask our archivists to consult the Bacsa Archive at the British Library on your behalf if you wish to track down the grave of a relative in South Asia.